Sunday, March 24, 2019

Comparing and contrasting

So, how does one know what a convention look like? Sure, I can mindlessly read about it and type it out until it is very much redundant but what does it REALLY look like?

This road has lead me to what every teenager has done at one point or another: compare themselves to others! WOO, teenage insecurity!

So to successfully do this, I will establish 2 criteria:
1. what does everything look like?
2. What's inside that I should mimic

So let's get started on that list.

1) What does everything look like?
Me:



Other teens:
Image result for alt fashion magazines

Image result for alt fashion magazines

Image result for alternative fashion magazine

I mean, what does she have that I don't? Ok, jokes aside, these are undoubtedly helpful.Why? because they give a lot of context to the one thing I wanna hone on: Alt-Conventions seem to be a rejection of the mainstream. Yes, that doesn't mean "there's no rules, every man for himself", but it does mean I have a lot of creative freedom at my disposal. So, I shouldn't be afraid to bend a few mainstream rules, they're there to be broken in the alt-world.

2) what does the inside look like

me:
I am lazy and dont have a TOC rip my life

Other girls:
 
First, enjoy those magazines we just keep lying at my house for some reason and the undershot of my arm. So first thing I see, it's  crowded, there's pictures, and there's obviously ads on the next page. I don't know how to feel about the whole "crowded" look because, personally, it's kinda tacky. That said, it's always good to have a frame of reference in mind, not matter what it is.
With this knowledge in mind, we take on the week where things start coming together, one snap/edit/me re-learning how to edit at a time.

-Let's get this bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Alright, here it is y'all. YT link (In case): https://youtu.be/FGETNj6BouU WeVideo Link (just in case) https://www.wevideo.com...